«Addi», a poem by Rennon Mariano

Addi Why?

Why do you disturb my sleep?

Oh Addi sometimes I feel you take my will.

I am helpless. Addi, Hell-ples, Help-less:…..HELP

My knees they are not there today, they were yesterday

You take my thoughts, my mind, my hope my tomorrow Addi

 

They say Addi

    Child tasted that yesterday

 

DARK ICE

Baby is growing, wants more,. For the first time yesterday

Goes to university, baby vision: more amass more more

 

DARK ICE

Child sees warehouse, baby not idiolize

But baby cannot see, see a god greater than….

Willing war for

 

DARK ICE

Maybe, child kill, that one threatened his….

Cares about others, maybe not

Can see others? Why. BABY WANTS TO KNOW

What is tunnel vision, please tell

Child not want mokey off his back, loose only friend he got

 

DARK ICE

Oh Addi why? Why do you do this,

Have I played you wrong Addi? Have I loved you less

Yet you treat me with no treat Addi

 

You are my companion, until death do we part

You take my life blood Addi

Now you want my soul dear Addi

 

Addi why, whi Addi do others not call you Addi;

They call you……Call you,

Addiction?……you’re not ADDICTION,

                                         YOU ARE WHO I AM, ADDI

WHO I AM

Addi why? Why Addi why?……WHY ADDICTION?





Rennon nació y vivió la mayor parte de su vida en La Ciudad de Los Angeles (California). Desde hace 20 años reside en el particular barrio de Tenderloin (San Francisco). Sus escritos aparecen en las Antologias Poéticas POEMS FROM THE LAND OF THE DEAD, an Anthology of Creative Writing and Visual Arts y en 5 MINUTES IN THE TENDERLOIN, an Anthology of Words and Art from the Tenderloin.
Trabajo de electricista y Bart Tender en Universal Studios mientras estudiaba Teatro en la Universidad de los Ángeles. Tiempo después hizo algunas obras de teatro, cine y television.
En Teatro: de George Bernard - Captain Brassbound's Conversion- De Tennessee Wiliams Camino Real en el Music Center, Night of the Iguana y The Milk Train Doesn’t Stop Here Anymore. En television: Machismo Bag de Tennessee Williams. En Cine: Chance of Habit (Elvis Presley) y Hight School en Red Sky at Morning (Claire Bloom) entre otras.

Entrevista a Rennon Mariano, por Juan Carlos Vásquez.

Fotografía Gaston Roulstone (en Unsplash). Public domain.
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

ENTRADA DESTACADA

"Entrevistas y reportajes" en el mundo de las letras y las artes escénicas

Esta selección de entrevistas y reportajes realizados por Juan Carlos Vásquez para diversos medios y revistas, reúne a una amplia variedad ...